Our free lectures, seminars, screenings, support groups & special events are geared to educate and bring the community together with great partnerships to better serve your needs. Membership is not required to attend.
Tea & Talk, hosted by Morristown Medical Center, is held on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 10:30 am at the Program House. Topics will vary. Free to members & non-members.
- December 14: "Medication & Supplement Safety"
Parkinson's Support Group
Our Parkinson's Support Group offers a forum where members can talk, share, and learn from each other. All members of the Parkinson's Community, their loved ones, caregivers & Rock Steady Boxers are welcome! These complimentary support groups are facilitated by Heidi Rinsky-Schnapp, MA, CSW, CWP, a Randolph YMCA volunteer, and co-founder of LMR Elder Care, LLC. All meetings are at the Program House.
For Caregivers (Last Tuesday of every month)
11/28, 12/19*(special date for month of December), 1/30, 2/27, 3/27, 4/24, 5/29 from 10:00-11:00 am
For People with Parkinson's (Last Thursday of every month)
11/30, 12/21*(special date for month of December), 1/25, 2/22, 3/29, 4/26, 5/31 from 10:00-11:00 am
St. Clare's Hospital Parkinson's Educational Seminar (Second Tuesday of every month) 10:00-11:00 am
- December 12: Swallowing presented by Susanne Lamb, Speech Language Pathologist
- January 9: LSVT BIG presented by Kim O'Brien, Physical Therapist
- February 13: Dexterity/Fine Motor/Activities of Daily Living presented by Stacia Dyer, Occupational Therapist & Certified Hand Therapist
- March 13: Cognitive & Memory presented by Stacia Dyer, Occupational Therapist & Certified Hand Therapist
- April 10: Food & Nutrition presented by Joanne McMillian, Registered Dietician
- May 8: Sleep presented by Jorge Costa, Respiratory Therapist
- June 12: Heart Health presented by Dr. Leibowitz