MAIN POOL HOURS by online reservation. Half hour & 45 minute time slots available.
|Monday||7:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Friday||7:00 am-12:00 pm|
Want to improve your swimming skills, train for competitions, and be a part of a team? Join Masters Swim!
WARM WATER POOL HOURS (Adult Open Fitness) by online reservation. Half hour time slots available.
Want to participate in Aquatic Fitness Classes in the Warm Water Pool? See Schedule!
What will the Aquatic Relaunch Phase I consist of?
Phase I will consist of INDIVIDUAL WORKOUTS ONLY. Specifically, this means Lap Swimming only in our Main Pool-two swimmers per lane. Circle swimming only. One directional swim as per state guidelines. Splitting of the lane is not allowed. The Warm Water Pool will be for individual vertical workouts-one person per designated location.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Groups will not be allowed at this time (i.e. families, caregivers, etc.) Individuals must be able to access the facility independently, including navigating steps, curbs, and emergency evacuation routes. There will be a ONE WAY directional traffic flow. You will enter through the lobby of the main building and exit through the pool fire exit door. Please contact us directly for further clarification prior to attending if you are unsure.
How do I reserve my pool time?
In order for the YMCA to maintain compliance with the Health Department and State of New Jersey guidelines, we will be requiring a reservation from members to attend pool time. Reservations can be made 23 hours in advance (effective 8/9). Your safety and the safety of others are our top priority. Please read the policies below and help us to provide programming in an equitable and safe way for all.
- You may reserve your slot online 23 hours in advance. Reservations close the day session starts (12:00 am) or when class is full.
- You may only make a reservation for yourself.
- If you are unable to attend, please remove yourself from the roster or call the Welcome Center Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm to cancel your reservation, so other members may participate. Making a Reservation
- Call the Welcome Center 973.366.1120 to reactivate your membership
- You will be assigned an online user (provide email address) and will receive an email to reset your password to log into your account
- Once logged in, go to the schedules tab on www.randolphymca.org
- Find the time slot you wish to participate in, click 'Reserve'
- Follow all prompts to reserve your spot.
- Your class will be added to your cart
- Scroll down and click the blue 'Complete' button
A confirmation email will be sent to the email used to log into your account. You may be asked to show proof of class reservation if you are not on the roster prior to the class. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of the class to go through a Health Screening/Temperature Check. A face covering is required until you get to designated lane. Participants will not be allowed in 5 minutes after the start of the pool time. Remember to be respectful and mindful of social distancing at all times; members are asked not to congregate before or after.
How should I plan for my first visit?
Please plan on arriving no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled time slot. Once you go through the Health Screening outside the building, you will enter through the front door and you will stop at Station 1 or Station 2 at the Welcome Center to have your photo taken. (We have a new membership system and all members need new photos taken) We will also link your existing membership ID card to your account and text/email it to you. All future visits will consist of bringing your membership ID card and scanning it at our ‘Fast Pass’ station. YOU MUST BRING YOUR CURRENT YMCA ID CARD TO CHECK IN.
Who is eligible to sign up for time slots?
Main Pool- ages 12 and over 12-13 Year olds are allowed to sign up for lap swimming if they have a current Youth Passport on file or have been a Randolph YMCA Swim team member. Parents/guardians must agree to the Minor Waiver included at each registration. Current participating swim team members are not eligible to participate.
Warm Water Pool- ages 16 and over
How long are the time slots and can I sign up for multiple slots at a time?
At this time, swimmers are limited to (1) 30 minute time slot per day.
What can I expect when I come to the YMCA to swim?
- Please arrive pre-showered at home and in your bathing suit.
- You will be given a health screening and a temperature check outside of the building each time you come to the YMCA.
- You will be directed to enter the pool areas through the Sally Schenkman ADA Locker room only.
- You will only be allowed into the pool area when it is your designated time. Please abide by social distancing protocols while waiting.
- You will be assigned to a lane by the Aquatic Deck Supervisor.
- You will be asked to clear the pool when your time slot is over.
- You will exit through the pool door to follow the state and locally mandated one way traffic pattern.
Please note: You may arrive up to 15 minutes early max, and will be turned away if more than 5 minutes late. Please do not congregate in groups in or around the YMCA property.
What do I need to bring/wear when I come to the YMCA to swim?
- You must arrive in your bathing suit and deck shoes (typical street shoes are not allowed)
- Please bring a bag to put your clothes/towels in while you swim. You will hang your belongings on a hook at the end your lane/area.
- You must arrive in your suit and leave in your suit. There is no changing allowed on deck or in the locker room area.
Do I have to wear a face covering?
- Face coverings will be worn by staff and patrons while navigating the parking lot, Welcome Center, pool areas, and any time social distancing of 6’ cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings are NOT allowed in the water
- Lifeguards will NOT wear face coverings while on duty actively guarding
Will I have access to the bathroom/locker rooms?
You will only have access to bathrooms in the Sally Schenkman ADA Locker Room. Beginning October 1, the locker rooms will be available for swimmers to change. Showers will be unavailable.
Can I use YMCA equipment or bring my own?
At this time, fins are the only acceptable personal equipment you are able to bring from home. You will not have access to shared equipment at the YMCA unless Y staff determines you require an approved flotation belt for your safety. Please wear a swim cap and googles. Water bottles are allowed on deck.
Will the hot tub, steam room or sauna be available?
The hot tub, steam room, and sauna are not open at this time.
What is the inclement weather policy?
If we experience inclement weather such as thunder/lightning or hail, the pool will be closed for 30 minutes as per our policy. Swimmers will be asked to exit the building and that time slot will be cancelled. There are no makeups or prolonged stay for missed time.