Ann Marie Peterson-Aquatic Rehabilitation Specialist and Aquatic Fitness & Wellness Instructor
Over the last seven years, Ann Marie's passion has been on therapeutic aquatic exercise. The group classes she instructs focus on various chronic conditions and corrective exercise training including: Arthritis, BackHab, and Multiple Sclerosis. Ann Marie truly believe that knowledge is power and she strives to teach her participants about proper alignment and movement through each exercise. Giving them the tools needed to not only perform their best in the pool, but outside of the pool as well.
Ann Marie was honored to partner with the Kessler Foundation and the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers to develop and conduct studies on the benefits of Aquatic Exercise on individuals with MS, "Aquatic Exercise Intervention in Multiple Sclerosis: A Randomized Clinical Trial."
In Aquatic Rehabilitation, she focuses on developing individualized progressive programs to meet the specific health and wellness goals of my clients. Whether its a pre or post surgical client, a client struggling with chronic pain, or someone looking to improve their overall health, her goal is to develop a partnership with her clients. Seeing their progress is what truly motivates her to do what she does each day.
- ATRI, Aquatic Therapeutic Exercise
- ATRI. Adult Aquatic Neurological Applications
- ATRI, BackHab
- AEA, Aquatic Fitness Professional
- AEA, Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program Leader
- AEA, Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Leader
- National MS Society, Fitness & Wellness Professional
- MSAA, Aquatic Exercise & Multiple Sclerosis
Currently in the process of obtaining:
- NASM, Personal Fitness Training Certification
- NASM, Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification.